It was a typical basement; concrete walls, unfinished ceiling with exposed pipes and wires going every which way, boxes and extra stuff everywhere, lots of spiders and a few mice.
The previous owners had made one “upgrade”: an ugly wall to wall carpet glued down. Unfortunately, I do not have a “before” picture, but it was scary.
But I had a dream…
- Shiplap walls
- Beautiful built-in cabinets and closets for storage
- A stone corner wall with built-in fireplace with a TV over it
- A wood floor, or one that at least had a wood look
- A finished ceiling that didn’t look too commercial
- Comfy furniture for the grandkids
- Everything light and bright
In my dream I was going to accomplish all of this by myself on a tiny budget with a little help from Pinterest and YouTube. Crazy, you say? Stay tuned!